Which home improvement chain is better for your fall projects? Here’s a comparison of the two stores.
TEXAS, USA — Are you prepared for some fall home improvement?
Before shopping for supplies, you may want to know the differences between the two biggest home stores.
Investopedia said Home Depot has an “industrial esthetic” with the feeling that it’s geared toward professionals. It also said Lowe’s is more for “first-time home improvement customers” with lower shelves, more floor displays, and holiday items.
As for prices, recent comparisons showed the two chains are so competitive, that prices were almost identical with no real winner. Just don’t assume these two big chains have the lowest prices.
A survey found prices on cleaning supplies, home decor, small appliances and batteries are often more expensive at Home Depot and Lowe’s. The survey showed Duracell AA batteries were 30% cheaper at Walmart and Costco.
Also, don’t forget about independent hardware stores, which may have great end-of-summer clearance sales so you don’t waste your money.
- 'Home Improvement' Star Patricia Richardson Just Shared a Super Rare Photo Featuring Tim Allen
- 20 Home Renovations That Will Hurt Your Home’s Value
- Home Improvement Retailers Are Still Winning With Analysts, to an Extent
- Surprising Home Improvements That Are Legal To Do Yourself
- Homeowners delay big purchases, improvement projects due to inflation