When Sara Edge and Daniel Martin relocated to Nanaimo, B.C., from Vancouver, the couple was craving a change of pace. “Moving to the island allowed us to spend more time with family, get a dog and focus on creating a future, rather than surviving in the city,” says Daniel. In April 2022, they opened Hoxton Home, a boutique in the heart of Nanaimo’s Old City Quarter, an area full of charm that’s home to dozens of independent businesses. Decorated in a minimalist, Nordic style, the shop carries a range of locally and internationally sourced homewares, from Japanese kitchen accessories to Danish furniture to beautiful ceramics. Among the couple’s favorites is a line of plant-based skincare by Asklepios Garden inspired by Greek and Babylonian mythology and the Mediterranean. Stop by the shop; Pippa, the pair’s pup, will be there to offer a warm welcome.
Scroll down to see inside and shop some of their internationally-sourced products!
Author: Bona Kim
House & Home September 2022
- 'Home Improvement' Star Patricia Richardson Just Shared a Super Rare Photo Featuring Tim Allen
- Homeowners delay big purchases, improvement projects due to inflation
- 10 Home Decor Trends To Watch Out For This Summer
- What Is The Cabincore Aesthetic? The Home Decor Trend, Explained.
- Landlord-Approved Decorating Tips To Spruce Up Your Space – Forbes Home